USAPACOM Student Volunteer Internship Program (SVIP)
US Pacific Command (PACOM) protects and defends, in concert with the other U.S. Government agencies, the United States, its allies and its interests. USPACOM is committed to promoting regional security and stability while deterring aggression in the Asia-pacific region.
The USPACOM Student Volunteer Internhip Program (SVIP) offers college students the chance to receive real-world experience in multiple PACOM mission area. Benefits include:
- Access to subject matter experts on civil-military relations, human rights, public/private cooperation, intelligence, engineering, humanitarian assistance/ disaster relief, international military education and training.
- Participate in international conferences and seminars
- Conduct research on various issues facing the region
- Support Department of Defense (DOD) interagency coordination goals
- Obtain Secret Security Clearance (while internships are non-paid, the Clearance is valuable)
Prerequisites for PACOM internship include:
- U.S. citizen
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Commitment to a minimum of 20 hour a week for 8 weeks
- Enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or certified student scheduled to return to school upon internship completion.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least one semester of their junior year
- Successfully complete the clearance process beginning with a Standard Form 86.
Application packets for PACOM internships must include:
- Cover letter
- Typed SF86 (Complete 2008 version, not 2010)
- Current transcript (unofficial may be submitted immediately, BUT an official copy must be on file before start date)
**Incomplete, tardy, or illegible packets will be disqualified**
Application can be submitted electronically to:
Attn: Ms. Ramona Ferreyra
Program Manager Code J922
--Application and selection processes are lengthy (up to 3 months), so plan accordingly. If interested, meet with your Academic Advisor to discuss details. For more information, visit: https://community.apan.org/pacom_strategic_partnerships/