Hawaii Pacific University welcomes our veterans with military-friendly classes, convenient course scheduling, and support services to help you reach your educational goals. To use your GI Bill at HPU, please follow the steps below:

Step 1: Applying for Benefits

To apply for benefits, please call the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GI-BILL-1, or visit

Step 2: Certificate of Eligibility

VA-approved students will receive a letter or Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA once the student's application has been processed and the student is now ready to register for courses. Simply forward a copy of your eligibility letter to the VA Coordinator at HPU (contact information below) or drop it off at our Hickam office.
**We understand that the COE may take a few weeks to arrive, so a copy of your VONAPP (application for veteran benefits) may be used in the interim. But, we will need the COE as soon as possible.**

Step 3: Register for Courses

After you've registered for courses, you will need to complete a VA Enrollment Certification form. You will need to fill this out every term that you are registered for courses and plan on obtaining VA funding for the tuition.

HPU - Veterans Center Office

Fax: 808-544-0285
**Please be sure to include your name (Last, First) and VA Cert in the subject line to ensure proper routing**

To calculate your VA benefits, see the New GI Bill Calculator
For more information, please contact HPU VA Office.